Monday, May 28, 2007

Forgiveness...

Easier said than done, huh? God has certainly been speaking to me lately. I read the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers recently. My friend V, lent me the first two books. Half way through the first one, I couldn't put it down. It took me less than a week to read all three books which is really saying something since my time is so limited. Anyway, these books were full of messages. One that was loud and clear was Forgive those who hurt you. Pray for them.

Then our Sunday school lesson was about forgiveness. The story was of Joseph and his brothers.

I had been having a very hard time with a certain person who has hurt me over and over again. I hadn't spoken with this person in over a year. They called just three days ago. Last night I awoke from a bad dream. Came to browse some blogs, then I went and started reading my Bible. I chose several on forgiveness to study. This morning I awoke and realized all this anger and contempt was only hurting me. Even being hung on the cross, Jesus asked for forgiveness for those who were crucifying Him. If He could do that, I can certainly forgive this person for much less. It is the forgetting that is going to be so hard to do.

When we forgive, as Christians, we are suppose to forget. Not to dwell on it or bring it back up in retaliation. That is the hard part. I pray that God will lighten this load upon my heart and mind. To ease the pain and help me move passed it all.

God bless you all.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day.

1 comment:

CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

In our Sunday School lesson the teacher read the Lord's prayer. How can we ask the Lord to forgive us of our sins if we do not forgive those who have trespassed against us? I have read that passage many times....but somehow reading that this past week really stuck. He ask so little of us...but we continue to ask big things from him....just think he died for us. How many of us can honestly say we would be willing to do the same?