Thursday, July 26, 2007

Funny bloggings...

I've been meaning to post this for awhile and just keep forgetting. If you want to read funny blogging about everyday adventures of other people's lives, you must check out these two blogs: http://www.howeveralthough.typepad.com/ and http://lifeattheburrow.blogspot.com/ . Sometimes the things that Mandy and Katie say have me literally in tears laughing.


Also here is the image on my last scrapjack that was thought to be a rubon:

It was made with a Making Memories stamp and three different colors of ink. After stamping I used a Versamark pen on the stamped image, sprinkled on Stampin' Up!'s Glassy Glaze(super thick clear embossing powder), heated the image and Voila! I really do like how it turned out. I had forgotten how much fun embossing powders are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I thought it was a rubon, but I'm even more impressed. That is beautiful! Thanks for telling us how you did it. It added a lot to your layout without seeing the detail, but IRL it is stunning.

I'll check out the blogs, thanks for the heads up. You might like www.wouldacouldashoulda.com also. Definitely slice of life in a humorous way.

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Mary, Thanks for the plug! I'm glad you find my life humorous. And I stalk your blog quite often, too. I don't know how you do it...at least I don't have childrne depending on me to make life sensible. I can barely get out the door myself...
I loved your layout! Excellent!
Keep in touch!
Mandy

Anonymous said...

M--that embossed accent is toooooo cool! I may try some embossing myself--you've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

WOW...this is really pretty.
I've been thinking of embossing some BG chipboard...think I just may drag it all out now that I've seen this!